Sokimo!

The rains and the first Sokimo arrived together today. Hopefully we are all blessed by the rains, and Sokimo, we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

Sokimo #1 front
The knitting has wanted to get more adventurous, more collagey, colorful, messy, irreverant, asymmetric, and so is moving in the direction of knitted monsters meant as friends for kids with challenges. Daughter Sarah is charged with finding homes for them which she says will be no problem. She will send favorite monster pictures to inspire me, though I suspect I'll just let needles and yarn do the directing.

Sokimo #1 back
Meantime, I am having a blast knitting without boundaries, using up stray yarns lying about, collecting leftover balls from friends and thrift shops. I do have standards, however, and the yarn must be quality fibers, limiting fake stuff to the glitz and glitter which is essential, since I want them to feel warm and cuddly like wool, silk, cotton, mohair, alpaca not pilly acrylic. Besides the kids deserve the good stuff.

Sokimo is my confabulation of Latin for monster partner.

If you have any left over bits from your beautiful projects, I would love to put them to monster use.

Comments

caroline said…
Rebecca these are brilliant creations. I love Sokimo #1 's little tail. Wonderful that Sarah can find homes for them. Reminds me of a movie we watched last night called the ZooKeeper's wife where she hands a little bunny to a young girl who has been traumatized in the Warsaw ghetto.. Keep stitchin..C
Rebecca said…
Yes, I saw that movie, thanks for reminding me about that scene.