Teacher - Student Paradox - September 19, 2012

As I look at the previous collage, today I see the kitten is victim, not resisting the force feeding. Wonderful thing about images, they keep saying more.

Noticing a common theme in spiritual circles that resistance to a teaching represents triggering of old wounds, or some aspect of ego or shadow, which may often be the case ...... I also sense a wise, discerning resistance. A high quality NO to that which does not serve, is unhealthy, or simply developmentally inappropriate is life promoting.


In any given moment of my day, my role shifts without thought or plan between the student learner and the teacher modeler and both often occur closely aligned during mutual exploration with another. I also know that most of my best teachers do not carry that formal appellation. Source is the ultimate teacher and it comes in myriad forms.

 
Because the new spiritual environment includes both inner mystical experience and life in the day to day physical world, the differences across lines of development for individuals are unlikely to separate teacher and student into consistent categories, calling for different ways of working, playing, growing and learning together in community. 

I sense that a well functioning community holds the possibility of effectively drawing from the spectrum of available levels of development for creative community enterprise if the barriers of formal labels are effectively eroded.


Digital photo - Arcata Marsh

Comments