Savitri in Pushkar - October 3, 2012

Is it even possible to have two such opposite, yet inviting cultures as Japan and India? Now in Rajasthan, unexpectedly green from recent rains, I notice that an open smile is richly rewarded by wide eyed warmth and bobble headed Namaskar. 

My garden view, alive with energetic birds, looks out to the mountain view of the temple, perched on top of India's oldest mountains, the source of fine, white marbles, including those in the Taj Mahal. Tomorrow I will attempt a sunrise climb.


Savitri Temple at Pushkar

Comments

Stephen Huyler said…
What a lovely image! Years ago at an exhibition at Chicago's Fine Art Institute I discovered the Japanese printmaker, Hiroshi Yoshida. Yoshida traveled in India in the early 1930's and made a series of sublime prints of his impressions. I have been collecting them ever since and now have most of them. This superb image reminds me of his. (If you are not familiar with Yoshida's work, please Google him.)
I will always treasure that early morning climb up to the Savitri Temple and, among other impressions, seeing your dancing Qigong at the summit...