Flying... no kidding - October 12, 2013

In that usual twist of circumstances, I've been exploring inhabiting dreaming awake, hoping to fly, but have instead found myself tired, nauseated, and cranky the following day, so last night I said, just sleep, have a good one and that's exactly what I did. 

And as I lay in bed this morning feeling the sensations of body, moving consciousness to lower belly, I found myself gradually in a dream-like state riding a horse fast across a field then seamlessly becoming the horse galloping across Clam Beach, splashing, almost flying, long leaping over creek mouths, heart pounding with exertion and exhilaration, mane flying and flapping. Suddenly turning into the wind itself, crashing into cliffs of brush, breaking into chaotic shards, lifting higher and smoothing out in an eastward flow over the hills I then became a flying bird now feeling the wind rippling and lifting those small feathers on the front edge of wings, moving head all around to see below, feeling straining back muscles working to stay stable with the constant shearing movement all around. I considered lowering legs just to experiment with the sensation but thought better of it at that height and speed. Coming to landing on a pond of chilly water, wings lifting, slowing, muscles very taught, then relaxing into resting on water, I found myself rhythmically paddling webbed feet. And guess what? My big worry about ducks having cold feet ... not! There is not uncomfortable cold sensation on either feet or belly resting on water. Only floating and gentle propulsion, with a good view of what's in and on the water. What a relief!

Dreaming in wax

Comments