And Now What? - September 24, 2014

Home now and looking to get down to some work on divestment ... but before that I need to acknowledge a low, malaise-like torpor that is likely post march let down. I read my last post thinking that I was probably a little extreme because of feeling so strongly in the moment. Yet alas, there's nothing I would change, in fact I feel stronger about the summary. We've been bought out completely by the forces of consumerism.

I had a dream about writing a book called "The Very Hungry Sapiens" who having eaten the large animals, fish, forests, rivers and oceans, are now eating the actual mountains and land itself. Picture the planet with a bite taken out, like Apple logo - see I am thinking in terms of corporate branding!

The picture below is the sense I got whenever I moved away from environmental gatherings, swallowed into a mass of consuming humanity, made safe by overwhelming police presence. It was a rare bit of graffiti in an upscale neighborhood that makes me wonder if the graffiti police make the decisions on which ones stay. That's the co-opted me in reflection - the closest I get to a selfie. I posted it earlier but it makes a nice bracket to the experience which was a tiny island of excitement in an ocean of ennui.






Comments