People's Climate March - September 21, 2014

An extraordinary day spent with about 310,000 of my dearest relatives. My overall sense is that it is a day of connection, celebration, and commitment, and tomorrow the work of changing everything starts. And the question arises, will I go back to the distractions of the moment, the forgetting the big picture, in the doing of daily minutia and busyness?

I learned or rather relearned about myself today. I was happiest on the margins where traffic was moving, energy dropping terribly in the middle of a stuck crowd. I loved engaging with people over promoting the Flood Wall Street action and that became my project for the day. I am very comfortable talking up things that I believe in and the connections were delightful, an assortment of ages, races, socioeconomic groups.  I bumped into people I'd met over the past few days and it made NYC feel like home, walking through the Co-op and seeing friends.

I was so engaged with this activity that I took few photos.







Comments