Between - June 1, 2017

Joan Gold in her studio
As I lingered this morning in that delicious state between awake and asleep, I found myself enjoying another between state. My art work has been delivered to the gallery and now there is nothing I have to do but show up at the opening in a few days.

Initially I thought I'd set to cleaning the studio immediately but not so fast, I am now thinking. This is a precious time to rest and breathe and listen to what is and what wants to come before plunging in.

And a Rupert Spira meditation just happened to touch on painting as an example of moving from objective sensing (seeing), to pure sensing, to experiencing, to knowing. Each level deeper, more subtle, expansive, and boundaryless.

Ahh, I think I will hang here for awhile and see what comes.

Here is an artist contemplating her riches as she surveys her jewels.

Comments