Resetting - June 5, 2017

It is one of those rare opportunities where much has changed and possibilities are available to be shifted if I can allow that. The art opening is over and my previous life pattern is interrupted... so now what? So now what, I say, over and over. And in my usual haste I could easily move to more busyness... but a voice keeps saying, "this is a good time to shake up old patterns, habits, even habits of thought", and so I am pondering this.

Sharing the mask with owl from Piante show
It has been a time of enormous shifts. My fabulous Tai Chi teacher, Margy Emerson, conducted her last class last week before retiring and while I am still in shock from that I realize this is the perfect opportunity to get serious about my own tai chi practice at home. So I organized my file of notes and will begin that today.

I attended an intense tango workshop this weekend with Russian dancer diva, now Argentine tango dancer and her partner, and the private lesson was brutal and revealing. I will be mining this for some time and also resetting tango in my life.

I am sitting in silence this morning, before looking at any news, or turning on the radio and there is spaciousness here. 

I want to savor what a world post art show pressure, post tai classes, post tango realizations will look like. I hope I can allow the juices to sit and stew with the presence of owl.

Comments