Intimacy - September 8, 2017

practicing my lead with Ursina
Dancers were drinking wine and enjoying conversation in Vio's tiny kitchen one evening when she raised the question, "what is intimacy to you?" I pieced together an inadequate rambling collage in the moment that over the subsequent day of chewing on the juicy topic gelled into a more coherent response.

Intimacy occurs when I show up empty of myself and story and available to another person or even just the flow of what is happening without needing anything to be different.


Working in Vio's "office" - studio/bedroom/office
Earlier when we had spoken about desire in terms of dance partners I had raised a similar sense, which I called "impersonal intimacy", saying that what I cared about was dancing, with nothing in the way of that, not so , not so much about the dancers or even the dance, just the sensual process. The others were vociferously in opposition to this notion and focused on the dancers they preferred and how to get them. I found this interesting and is part of my exposure to the darker hunting aspects of tango that lie outside of my personal experience and interest.

Comments