Such Beauty - May 4, 2018

Rembrandt self portrait
Another day of exquisite beauty of art, music, and

architecture mostly spent around Trafalgar Square. This lively town is clean, functional, and thriving, a treat to experience.

The National Gallery is free and is a treasure trove of human painting achievement. I was taken by the Rembrandt room, where the figures seem to appear out of the dark as energy forming into being.

Regent St. flags and buses
The walk down Regent Street showed that the USA is not the only country ready to flag up in enthusiastic nationalism. The Brits are ready to join the party.



St. Martin window



And then the top of the top ending of the day with Faure's Requiem at St. Martin in the Fields was exquisite beyond measure.

The picture is the window from the church.
Just lovely as the candle lit evening progressed. 



I tried to put a youtube recording of this requiem but with different country's rights I could not, but if you are interested in a gorgeous, tender, joyous requiem then this is the one. I am telling my family that when I pass, listen to this and think of me. What could be sweeter?





Comments