The New Republic - May 21, 2018

The silly constitution - added "the right to have pink hair"
I am celebrating Noah's birthday in the Republic of Uzupis, the arts section of Vilnius and am thoroughly enjoying it. The food, the humor, all the people who look like extended family reminds me that I truly do have Slavic roots that run deep.

The constitution is posted just steps from my doorway.

I feel at home here, not in a way that makes me want to stay but in a way that revives memories of childhood, beet and dill flavors remind me of Baba, rundown playgrounds of my childhood, old women with scowling faces simply sitting in chairs, signs with the humor of my uncles.




               Loreta who gave me a ride from the airport.
Street Art - "Make Everything Great Again"


 Happy Birthday Noah!

Comments