Jung Time - May 8, 2017

It's amazing how life gives you that thing you may need when you have no clue and no interest, but there it is, a great big NO to your plans. 
Digital Drawing

After a gruelling four month work up of a tango dance routine the performance finally arrived and went off, well let's just say, not as planned, practiced, or expected (that unholy word). And now it is time to gather the gold of the experience that has turned me inside out for the time being, in a deep and I hope eventually fruitful way.

Years ago I did a series of active imagination drawings inspired by Jung's Red Book, and as I look back at them they are speaking to me now and have more to say I so will include them here as I take them in.

It happens to be almost full moon, I've just been out for a moon bath and I notice several of the images include moon, so maybe this is a starting point.

Also interesting is that I'm in the midst of readying for an art show that seems to be about winged creatures, having just drawn a little winged snail today and here is frog girl from long before. When I arrived into the hot tub a large bird silhouette (maybe owl) flew over me and the frog song under the moon.


Comments