Shadow Boxing - May 10, 2017

Digital Drawing
I just finished reading Richard Rohr's Falling Upward, a second half of life book by a Franciscan Father and a wise man, non-duality from a Christian perspective.

I let it wash over me like a warm bath and am better for it. Feeling more settled, exhausted, and aware that this shadow boxing is not only normal if allowed but essential, and I don't want to let it go too soon. Besides there are still more of these mandala paintings to visit.

I remember this one where I had to go into a burning lake to rescue the infant knowing I would die in the doing but this time it speaks more of dying to the first half of life and being born into the second. Death of the false self in service of the true self. And this image points out that it is a choice not a given, and includes pain, loss, and humiliation. Maybe that's the Christian Jungian interpretation of non-duality.

Comments