Hmm, That's Strange

Something strange is happening in my world. I've clearly been in a state of turmoil over political and environmental situations and like many things in my life, I fall into a deep crater but emerge almost as quickly.

I have simply lost faith in our system of democracy and capitalism both of which are not capable of bending the global warming curve in the next ten years. I believe this country is a huge negative force on the rest of the planet and sad to say that it's bringing down the whole house of cards with it.

But the strange thing is that by working my way through the turmoil to get to this summary which is significantly more fleshed out than described here, I've ended up at a place of peace.


I am excited about the idea of a more direct form of democracy that calls for more participation than elections, actual, real study and policy making and would love to participate in such a thing but in the meantime will settle into my community and see what possibilities arise.


Working on our land, garden and orchard, harvesting, canning, prepping is making me feel satisfied with these basic activities. Giving up tango has been resolved, there is no more sting and it is right. Clarity is coming at a time I least expected, clarity on personal priorities in the midst of ever greater confusion and external upheaval.


What a momentary relief!



Comments