Water is Life

This is bugging the hell out of me, to the extent that I plan to take it up with my Congressman, Huffman,
and Harder, if elected. When the semi-desert is greener than the temperate coastal rain forest, we've got a problem.

I did take the opportunity as I was shaking Harder's hand, to whisper in his ear that I'd come to work for him, happily, from Humboldt County where we have dammed rivers that send water here at the cost of salmon species and fisheries and that it is being used lavishly on lawns and field sprayed orchards in blazing heat, while our lawns dry up preserving water as we've been asked to do. I asked that more effort be put on conservation and recycling of this precious limited commodity.


This is just weighing heavy on my heart, seeing how as a species we seem so limited in our ability to take a hard look at sharing precious resources which over time looks like it will ultimately be our undoing if we don't get better at it.

Comments