Unique, not Special

Last week I had a moment of inspiration, a little "piph" that came seemingly out of nowhere that has a relaxing, releasing sort of impact that I appreciate. It was a small voice of knowing that said - "each of us is unique and this is different from special"- that feeling of needing to standout in some way as being better than. 


It feels like a moment of truth that has been accompanying me and freeing me to enjoy the peace of some ordinary events like an ukulele practice and community events that were sweet, that involved a lot of volunteer input where all contributions were necessary and acknowledged. A time of peace and community, and seemingly it took my noticing it to appreciate at a certain level as something to treasure in a new way.

Here's a unique band at the Bayside Breakfast, mandolin, sax, and violin - only Greg Moore could pull this off.


Appreciating these uniquenesses leaves me satisfied, feeling a rightness with what is, exactly as it is, nothing needs to be added.

Comments