Surrender to Song

Slowly, I believe that I am succumbing to the inevitable, the reality that awful things according to my small perspective will keep happening with or without my intervention, worry, anger, or disgust.

After a singing event today replete with heartfelt songs sung by a melange of community members wanting nothing more than to connect through resonant voice, I walked home contemplating that indigenous wisdom that inquires of someone who is ill, "when did you last sing, when did you last dance", and I realize that I could do far worse than either of these life giving choices.


I still hold the vision of people singing together in the halls of justice and governance rather that waving fists and signs, strengthening each other by standing together in song.



 My vote for song leader is Melanie Demore   whose song, I will be your Standing Stone, we sang today in three parts ... amazing. 


 Watch her teach a bunch of white people how to sing. Brilliant! 


 And then to hear her sing it fantastically, listen to this. Best of all sing along with her.


Comments