Coincidental Living - October 20, 2011


On this post retirement journey of discovery, I keep encountering surprises of synchronicity of time, place, people, and circumstances. Today while visiting my sister in a city of over 30,000 people, as I went to paint, I came across one of the very few people I know in this region, and recognized her by her voice speaking to her grandchild as she walked by. I was surprised by her looks and her having a grandchild and without the vocalization would not have recognized her.

I’ve had people call me at most opportune times to drop by for visits that seemed impossible to schedule; unmarked roads turned out to be auspicious in their beauty and providential surprise.

My niece learned that I was in the Okanagan and heading to her home town just at the time she needed a lift back to the other side of the province. We had a delightful several hours connecting third age with young adult musings that otherwise would not have occurred.

I'm learning to appreciate surprise!


Comments