E Ticket Walk

Noguchi Garden
Couple days ago I visited the Noguchi sculpture gallery and garden in Queens and decided to walk to Harlem checking out that the Google determined route was safe which a local confirmed to be the case. Google got me to the
view of Manhattan from Queens sculpture garden
RFK Bridge where suddenly in the highest middle part the tall wire fencing was gone and all that was between the traffic and the long drop to the wide East River was a waist high wall. Suddenly I was feeling queasy and there was quite a ways to go. It was an exciting little trip across until the wire mesh returned again in the less dramatic part when I realized how vulnerable I was, essentially walking in a tunnel for a long ways, yet is was completely fine and ended well. As I disembarked from the first bridge, on the island, Google maps disappeared and I was unclear how to find the entrance to the next bridge when Chino appeared, a guy who said he was going to Manhattan and we could walk together and that was a good thing as I'd never have found the entrance otherwise. Once again strangers have come through for me with kindness.

Sylvia's Soul Food
I arrived in Harlem and spent the afternoon with a walking tour that was beyond excellent and recommended a soul food place, Sylvia's, that was just what this hungry and tired girl needed before the final push homeward.

It was a many mile walk day.

Comments