Rocks of Ages

Bucket list checkoff today - Stonehenge -the circle of perfect sized stones that fit the landscape and are picturesque from any angle. The Brits have done the touring beautifully, tastefully, understated, creating a peaceful experience in spite of the number of visitors. There was more there in terms of earth burial mounds covering a large area than I realized dating back 5000 years ago and created by sophisticated folks.

Then more time at Salisbury Cathedral, a mere 800 years old, soaring stonework into the sky with floating colored glass, and this time the singing at Evensong was by men and girls and one of the ministers was a woman. I am glad I attended a second time and sat in a sun warmed spot where I could photograph and record some sound.

There was a small area with color on the stone where it was dark and I had to overexpose to see the color. It must have been something when it was all like that.

Comments