Family - October 4, 2017

Steeped in family, I feel so comfortable. Running around with my brother doing errands and walking on a sparkling day connects me with the essence of fall and family that is pleasingly familiar. 

Then on to my sister Joan's where after work fall preserving is in full swing and dinner all local garden and orchard harvested. Big Yum! We share an interest in these simple comfort foods which connect to home. Noah who did not get to eat Baba's cooking knows the traditional food is in his genes. 

Joan produced an ancient Ukrainian cookbook to share with Noah, the family foodie, cross generational connections in action.

Morning view from my bed.
She reminded me that I am the person who has known her the longest, and she I, since parents are gone. It's something to contemplate.

Her house, a heap, pile, clutter, mess of a life looks out to her garden collection of well-loved exotics and nursery. She thrives outdoors where her air is rich, mind is clear, and heart is full. I don't think a clean house would have the same effect.

Comments