Slow Road - October 6, 2017

Started down island this morning and immediately found myself on an unintended road, the small coastal road which I decided to stay with for some time and what beauty I found as I meandered into memory and feeling-filled terrain as well as tree, wind, ocean, bird, and cloudscape.

This raw wild country that goes cold, grey, windy so fast, home to massive heavy skies draws me into memory and sadness though there is no discernable source. I am not even sure it is old sadness, I think not. It feels current and connected to the overtaking of the wild by the bulldozing humanity plowing ugly swathes in every direction over this defenceless land.

As soon as I resumed on the speedy thoroughfare my energy was gone, numbness in the place of feeling, and I could barely keep my eyes open.

Comments