Breaking Sad - November 26, 2016

Bad day in Becca land. Feeling low about the state of the world, I headed to Target for some listening but soon after arriving, I was asked to leave by staff, pleasant enough but the gig is up. Realizing that I won't be welcome at other stores I tried Eureka Old Town but not enough foot traffic to make it viable. Also not getting returned messages on my facebook outreach, I'm feeling stuck on the listening project.

Then reading Friedman's Book about accelerating rate of change in technology, markets, and climate change, once again reminded me about our truly dire circumstance in terms of the anthropocene. About as close to the edge as we can come without tipping the whole thing and may already have done that.

Feeling very sad about us having wrecked the place including the Goldilocks Holocene era that has been the sweet spot for human and many other species existence.

It's hard to imagine much future brightness, with superstorms, rising seas, poisonous CO2, and now truly nasty political turnings here and abroad. 

Soul collage card

Comments