Reaching - November 14, 2016

Well, I have some new fb friends which is diversifying my feed and at moments slapping me in the face. What I'm becoming aware of is the various colored lenses that I am able to view the world through, and by exposing myself to other opinions I am able to broaden my color selections. Don't know that I've ever had a completely transparent, unbiased view but that's not even a goal. If I can at least see that there is a screen and what tint it might be then I might better interpret what I see. 

Oh, and as a friend pointed out, there are just some filters that are probably impossible to remove - the old ingrained ones like childhood traumas, my white privilege, education and its related experiences. And probably why it makes connecting with "other" so challenging.

page from a folding book in process



Comments