Listening Journey - November 20, 2016

On returning from Europe friends ask about our next destination, and that is now taking form. It seems to be a mixed bag of readiness for activism, tango workshops, and my Listening Tour which is more of virtual travel into the bubble of the right, across the Empathy Wall (from  the book, Strangers in Their Own Land).

I've "interviewed", really met and listened to four Trump voters so far and they are inconveniently blowing all sorts of stereotypes which I will compile and share but in the meantime I just want to note that it is my medicine against the hatred, fear, and vitriol I hear from the left. I am finding caring, hard working, intelligent, curious, inquiring people who find Trump the person to be despicable but feel unrepresented by either party. They are optimistic and that is a relief.


Comments