Courage - November 12, 2016

How do I respond to the nightmare upon us, the oppression to come? Where are the role models, the muses to light the way? I look to Maya, Nina, Zora, women of integrity, and Courage, raised in the cauldron of racism and choosing expression. Black women were the strongest voting block for Hillary (94%). When a premature baby is born the neonatologists are always relieved when it's a black girl because they have the best survival rates. Toughened by history they are resilient. I have much to learn and I am with them. He cannot take away our love, our courage, our creativity, our interiority, our intelligence. My hope is that I will deepen these as time unfolds, that we will find our muses, our strength, our hope, our courage in those who have been living in conditions most privileged people can't imagine ... until now. He can't take this golden sunrise this morning that I will always prefer to his gilded second empire ceilings.



Comments