Body Meaning - October 29, 2016

For the last seven years or so I have found my practice of meditation, searching for truth to have moved to the realm of embodied practices, a move which I adore, yet I am constantly questioning the value and validity of, as if the good feeling is not enough. But lying in bed this morning doing one of these body sensing, expanding practices it came to me that my body holds my history, my tensions, my story, my emotional scars and that without addressing those, seeing, inviting, including and letting them do what they need to do, I can't fully express an embodied life. I am cocooned in my own straight jacket.

It was a tango lesson yesterday that plunged me into this inquiry yet again. My tango teacher is exquisitely tuned to his partner and drew attention to the tension in my right arm a number of times and it feels like valuable feedback that I want to address. I love tango for many reasons but I didn't expect it to form a core spiritual practice which it is seeming to do. There is nothing like connecting to a dance partner in an improvisational dance - there is only that moment, those bodies, that connection. High risk, high reward.


Sarah at Burning Man

Comments