Breath of Fresh Air - October 11, 2016

Whew, just what I needed, a morning near the shore, out in the green, in a quiet ruins area freshened by rain, and uncrowded. The feeling was peaceful and as I felt myself relating to Roman life in the times of the empire I felt more empathy with that crew than the Christians who followed. They were better with conquered slaves than the US south ever was ... but I digress. It was certainly not all good, but was well engineered and beautiful. 

We did a tour of Ostia Antica and appreciated the guide who shared that 25% of the world's art and antiquities are in Italy - could that be true? If so, no wonder it's in such a mess. Then he asked us why Italy was boot shaped. Because you couldn't fit all that crap in a shoe!

Home again, a much needed David Brooks article opening my heart to empathy for the candidate. Still completely mystified by his supporters and ability to come this far but letting go of the turmoil of allowing him to occupy so much of my personal space.

Ostia Antica

Bar in Ostia Antica

Comments