Surprise in a Box - October 21, 2016

We wandered over to Centre Pompidou, listed as "post-modern brutalist" architecture and after 4 long lines, the worst organization imaginable, poor lighting for art viewing (what are they thinking?) and me in a very foul mood ... when what to my big surprise, the Magritte exhibit was brilliant, hilarious even. I almost didn't go, I was so annoyed, but there it was at the top of the building with city panoramic views and the day was rescued. 

Apparently, I need to get home having just about exhausted my museum viewing capacity.

Oh, and then the Shakespeare Books visit and seeing Prof. Yuval Noah Harari's new book, Homo Deus, which looks brilliant. More on that later. I feel like time is speeding up. Yikes! It is ...


sign on the way in

fountain on the way in

Matisse never disappoints
Magritte - ha ha

view from on top

Comments