Risk - October 30, 2016

Ending the last post with the risk in tango dancing made me start thinking about this in the context of the body inquiry. In such a dance, with a sensitive partner, there is no place to hide, and every bit of bodily acquired history is present - if you surrender to the dance. Most of us spend more time hiding these facts than willfully exposing them. 

Without words there is a respectful sense of seeing these truths, bypassing the confabulations, excuses, blaming, that often seeps into a discussion of wounds. This might be why tango tends to attract older, mature people who are willing to take this emotional risk.

After I wrote this I went to a Milonga full of high spirits in the Halloween tradition - I was a Trump Grabbing Pussy and had he walked into the room there were other pussy reinforcements who would have joined me in ripping off the ugliest face in the world.

And then this morning I found myself in a pity party because there were more follows than leads and I sat out some tandas which is not my preference. So in spite of great dancing, I managed to turn such joy into this. Apparently something needs attention ... and I think I have a clue.




Comments