Preciousness and Serendipity - October 28, 2016

I have been studying Tai Chi Wu style with Margy Emerson for about seven years and I adore her and the work. A few months ago she announced that this would be her last year of teaching and I missed the first 6 weeks. So yesterday in my first class since last spring, I was overcome by the preciousness of the class that would soon end. That feeling of the meaning of the thing condensed into a moment of deep emotion, gratitude, and loss.

So in order to address the coming loss, I hunted down my DVD of Margy to upload so that I won't lose it and at that moment I realized the serendipity of this. I am about to upgrade my laptop and the new ones don't have DVD drives. So now she lives on my cloud and at least I will be able to access her there for future reference. I have until summer to determine how Tai Chi will continue in my life.

Then I was rowing in smooth, liquid sky colors of pink fringed blues, below sun blanketed glow and I had the same feeling of preciousness of the moment and it makes me wonder is this the feeling that keeps people holding on at the end of life to these moments that are unspeakable in their beauty yet completely ordinary when we notice ... and maybe we notice more when we are in touch with the knowing of endings.


digital drawing

Comments